Find the Magic in the 2-for-1 Benefit
We know we need to be more active. The weight’s been creeping up. We feel tired too much of the time. Our joints are achy and our muscles flabby.
But, we think we’re just too busy to exercise. It’s hard to find the time to be more active.
How about cashing in the 2-for-1 benefit? Combine and shine.
Let me explain!
Do you need to spend more time with the family? Need to talk with a friend or colleague?
How about combining exercise with family time? What about making the talk a talk and a walk?
No more time needed to exercise if we combine it with another important activity. 2-for-1. A great payoff.
• Instead of watching TV, take the kids and a ball to the park. Play ball!
• In lieu of watching a movie, have the family write a “movie script” and then enact it together.
• Save a little money and stay home to eat. Prepare a simple picnic meal and take it to the park. (This might be a 3-for-1!)
• Go swimming, hiking, dancing, skating, or bowling. Hopscotch or jump rope on the driveway.
• Consider investing in a jogging stroller, and take the kids with you on your walk or run.
• Cold, hot, or rainy weather? Walk together at the local mall or play hide-and-seek at home.
Find the magic in the 2-for-1 benefit. Tweet #WellnessTips
Silence Your Inner Critic: You get the point. You can’t do these activities every time, but you can do them more often. For every excuse why not, there’s a creative answer! Brainstorm together as friends and family. Break resistant thoughts and sedentary activity patterns with the 2-for-1 benefit.
Rock Our World with Your Comments: What is one 2-for-1 benefit that worked for you? Write your thoughts in a personal journal, discuss with a friend or family member, or post a comment below. We can learn from each other!
P.S. Don’t forget that Medical Coaching begins Tuesday! I’d love to have you join us for great tips to improve your health!