• Sunrise

Loving Ourselves to Total Wellness

Free self help e-book in Napa

Get my FREE e-Book

"3 Easy Ways to Improve Your Health Today"
by Patty Morell Bilhartz, M.D., M.P.H.

SIGN UP AND RECEIVE MY FREE E-BOOK TODAY!

• Home
  • Newsletter Sign Up

Everything Must Change

Given the current U.S.news, I feel compelled to share my heart with you on this day. Here’s my latest “She Said” blog:

As Dominic and I celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary this month, we continue to thank God for our Big Love for each other and for life. I beg you to love your loved ones today, and tomorrow, and all of your days ahead. Because life changes. Life on this earth is short, but Love is always long.

Bernard Ighner’s song “Everything Must Change” expresses this so beautifully:

“Everything must change,

Nothing stays the same,

Everyone must change,

No one stays the same.

The young become the old,

And mysteries do unfold,

Cause that’s the way of time,

Nothing and no one goes unchanged.”

The song goes on to say that there actually are a few things in life we can be sure of: rain, sun, seasons, hummingbirds that fly, and wounded hearts that heal. And at least for some of us, music that makes us cry (like the song above).

In this world where we often see what appears to be chaos, ugliness, sadness, and horrific Godlessness…

…there is also Harmony, Beauty, Joy, and the Eternal Certainty of a Good God who offers us a Life filled with Infinite Possibilities, both in this world and in the next.

May we all work diligently to change the former while we hang our hats on the latter. Love–especially Big Love–matters.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments (14)

Jim Morell

You are the shining light amidst the depths of despair.
    Bless you and Dominic! Celebrate your beautiful anniversary until your teeth hurt.
    Much love!
    Jim and Jose

Toni

I love and miss you terribly. Thank you for being YOU. Happy Aniversary.

JoAnne Neish

Thank you for writing this, Patty. So good to hear from you and Dominic. And yes, change is the constant, our perspective and acceptance is the choice. Thank God for choices and for friends. Love, Jo

Patty Bilhartz

Ah, yes, acceptance! I think of all of you so often and pray all is well! Give everyone my love!

Margaret Alvis

So beautiful Patty! I hope you and Dominic have a wonderful anniversary!

Shana Stadler

Glad you watched or heard the news even if just on your lap top! Yes, I agree with everything you wrote. So important. Life is so short and each person we encounter we can possibly impact by our attitude and caring spirit if we will only be aware. People (most) want to connect out of loneliness or just the need to be around another person that is caring or relatable. Love you and Dominic and the fact that you are trying to make a difference in a big world with lots of voids and contradictions. Love always wins.

Dotty Dake

Dear Patty,
    Your message is so lovely, comforting, timely, and needed. Thank you!
    Happy Anniversary to you and Dominic!

Diane Matuszewski

Thank you for your message Dr. Patty. So happy for your Big Love and the faith and hope that you share with all of us!